Commercial Vehicle Service, Repair & Maintenance
Furness Cars & Commercials Limited specialises in the repair and maintenance of commercial vehicles.
Our service department includes a dedicated commercial vehicle maintenance division to cater for large and small commercial vehicles, tractor units, trailers, buses and coaches. We have all the up-to-date equipment and facilities to ensure your vehicle is maintained correctly and professionally.
Our Service Department provides the following services:
- Commercial periodic maintenance inspections (PMI) (VOSA specification)
- PSV periodic maintenance inspections (PMI) (VOSA specification)
- Service, repair and maintenance agreements / contracts / schedules
- Service, repair and maintenance
- Commercial MOT test preparation and presentation
- PSV MOT test preparation and presentation
- Brake testing
- Emissions testing
- Headlight alignment
- Steam cleaning
- Major repairs and overhauls
- Computerised diagnostics and fault diagnosis
- Ad-Blue system service, repair, maintenance and fault diagnosis
- Ad-Blue supply
- Welding and fabrication
- Visual health checks
- On-site mobile repair facilities
- Parts and materials sourcing and supply
- Operator licence compliance assistance
A truly professional service
We understand the importance of running a fleet of vehicles efficiently, professionally and in accordance with the law and VOSA guidelines & regulations.
All our technicians are professionals – trained and fully qualified – and undergo regular VOSA training to ensure we remain up to date with current guidelines and regulations.
Customised maintenance schedules
We can produce and structure a maintenance schedule customised to your vehicle and/or fleet’s needs to include periodic maintenance inspections, routine services, MOT test preparation and presentation and tachograph two and six yearly calibrations.
Further to this, our IT system is designed to monitor all these important dates and automatically forward a reminder to the customer when the due date is approaching – by letter, SMS or e-mail – whichever your prefer.
Leading-edge facilities and equipment
We have invested heavily in our computerised diagnostics and fault-finding equipment for commercial vehicles and trailers to allow us to quickly and efficiently identify any fault with your vehicle, including brakes, ABS, EBS and suspension faults.
We will ensure that the correct repair is undertaken and, if required, components are quickly replaced to make certain the vehicle is returned to service at the earliest opportunity.
We have a large network of local and national suppliers for the speedy supply of parts and materials, further to this we have a vast range of parts, materials and components on site, again reducing vehicle downtime to an absolute minimum.